- € 15.000.000
- € 500.000
- € 100
- Startup Innovativa
Meta Wellness operates in the vertical of the Internet of Things, having proprietary technology that allows its devices to communicate with each other in an extremely quick and precise manner, without the need to install infrastructures or set-up fixed network power supplies. By means of this technology, Meta Wellness intends to develop innovative high quality products, both in the fitness and wellness sector, in which the Company has already been operating for three years with excellent results, and in other sectors in which it is still possible to develop high value-added technological products by bringing everyday objects into the digital world. By way of example, Meta Wellness recently designed and delivered the “Labby Light” anti-covid bracelet in just two months, a device capable of managing and monitoring social distancing and above all of reconstructing the contact between people over time, to isolate potential pandemic outbreaks. The innovation and characteristics of the Labby Light immediately captured the interest of important Italian and foreign companies as well as the attention of the international press, making it a successful product. Other important Meta Wellness products currently include:
- the HTS system, to assist athletes and trainers in all vertical water sports (hydrobike, water aerobics, acquafin, acquadance, acquawalking, etc.), monitoring heart rate, intensity, calories, km travelled, all by means of the appropriate bracelet and display, and customizing the user training programme with specific objectives;
- the EasyPrice system, an electronic label that allows the user to update the prices of their products displayed via smartphone, a solution therefore suitable for all businesses such as delicatessens, pastry shops, butchers, etc. that need frequent changes of prices and products displayed;
- the Barry system, an electronic bar to be applied to vendor machines (automatic product distributors) and functional for updating the relative prices via smartphone without the need to change them manually.
The crowdfunding campaign aims to collect a minimum amount of € 500,000. The minimum subscription is €100 which, as stated by the CEO of the company Dr. Antonio Barracane, constitutes the social purpose of our business initiative, that of involving as many investors as possible who wish to support rapid technological changes for improving the quality of life of citizens. The Company’s commitment is to allocate 15% of each share to charitable entities, suspended expenditure to be allocated to the purchase of necessities to be donated for social requirements. Numerous large-scale retail companies have welcomed the Meta Wellness initiative with great interest. A series of benefits must be added to all this for subscribers of the Meta Wellness capital increase, such as the tax ones which have increased to 50% in the relaunch decree currently being converted and a discount on the purchase of products from the Company’s catalogue. The Company foresees extremely positive short-term objectives included in the plan communicated through the prospectus, present in the annexes, and the achievement of a turnover of over € 15 million and a profitability of around 25%. The achievement, even only partial, of the economic objectives in the four-year period 2020-2023, will activate the right of the subscribers to receive a 65% restitution of the investment at the same time as the reduction of the Company’s capital, against a real investment of 50%, thanks the tax incentive of the remaining 50% of the subscribed capital. The attention of the management is totally focused on achieving the announced goals to further reward the shareholders with a view to listing on regulated markets.
Discount for investors. Bonus that may be transferred from natural person subscribers to companies of which they are directors or majority shareholders. The release procedures will be communicated by the company at the end of the campaign on the Forcrowd website.
Meta Wellness was founded in 2016 and since the first year it has been able to achieve revenues capable of covering company costs. Revenue growth has been constant and significant since the second year and then established itself in the third and fourth year thanks to the numerous partnerships signed with the distributors of Meta Wellness products which have gradually grown over time. The 2019 financial statements closed with a turnover of €600.000 and that of 2020 is preparing to be quite significant thanks to the Labby Light product which, given the health emergency caused by Covid19, is experiencing success not only in Italy but throughout the world.
Use of proceeds
Meta Wellness intends to work on several aspects:
- Starting from the HTS technology with which it has already developed a device for water sports, Meta Wellness wants to enhance the current bracelet (Labby) by creating a “Labby Plus” version capable of detecting not only the heartbeat, but also the body temperature and oxygen saturation in the blood since there are no similar products to date;
- Starting from the hardware devices already made (bracelets, displays, etc.), Meta Wellness intends to build a social platform for athletes, able to put them in contact to challenge each other, book fields and enter an amateur ranking for each sport;
- Make Labby Plus a functional cuff also for medical purposes, to be used by patients and doctors to monitor health conditions and provide the necessary medical indications since telemedicine represents one of the most promising markets of the next decade.
The resources collected through the campaign will mainly be invested to allow the Company to adapt the production capacity to the demand for Labby Light bracelets. This investment will be functional for the enhancement of the sales of the already developed devices and the launch of new products. In particular, the capital raised will be invested in:
- Charity: (15%) €225,00015% of the amount raised
- Operations and production optimization: (22%) €329,000. Material investments to increase the production cycle and reduce production costs: purchase of bi-injection press to produce plastic components, end of production robot, giga-test, for all Meta Wellness products
- Production and new products: (19%) €279,000 Investments for industrialization and production of new products
- Sales & Marketing: (17%) €254,000 Labby Light and new products. Enhancement of commercial infrastructure and new resources
- Social platform technology investment: (5%) €79,000 Technology acquisition exclusively to complete and standardize social media on sport and decrease the time to market
- R&D and certifications: (15%) €229,000 tangible and intangible investments to improve the products currently on the market
- Capital increase accessory expenses: (7%) €105.000
The information on the offer is not subject to approval by Consob. The bidder is solely responsible for the completeness and truthfulness of the data and information provided by the same. The investor\'s attention is also drawn to the fact that the investment, including through OICR or companies that mainly invest in financial instruments issued by small and medium-sized companies, is illiquid and characterized by a very high risk.